Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Pixinsight debayering QHY8

I have rebuilt my processing machine and re-installed Pixinsight... I thought I knew the debayer settings, GBRG and I also had to go into process explorer and change the FITS format to bottom up. I have done this but still cant get the colour correct, I am pulling my hair out trying to think what else to change! What am I doing wrong????

post-461-0-64543000-1377901248_thumb.png

OK, just whilst waiting for an answer, I thought I would try something silly.... I started running through the different bayer patterns, knowing that GBRG is correct =- for some reason in this version I need to select RGGB for a QHY8 - Now why would that be?

See here: http://stargazerslounge.com/topic/130329-pixinsight-help-stacking-rgb/ About halfway down Tim confirms it is GBRG!

Suspect it it because of the bottom up setting that you have applied. Take a GBRG pattern like this:

GBGBGB

RGRGRG

GBGBGB

RGRGRG

Now start reading it from the bottom row upwards and you'll end up with:

RGRGRG

GBGBGB

RGRGRG

GBGBGB

Which is RGGB. I might be wrong about that, but seems logical to me.

Archived