NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Auriga wide field

Taken two weeks ago, a stack of four minute subs at ISO800 from my unmodded 450D with the 18-55mm kit lens on a motorised but unguided EQ3-2. Stacked with darks in DSS and tweaked in Photoshop.

Not sure I quite nailed the focus on this one, but it includes three of my favourite clusters, M36, M37 and M38 as well as (I think) M35 towards the bottom.

auriga-2013-02-02.png

James

And a close-up of the first three Messier objects, as well as an asterism (at about 4 o'clock from M38 and close to the right-hand edge) that I have always thought of as "the bent tuning fork".

auriga-2013-02-02-crop-small.png

James

Not only an awful lot of stars, but somehow you have achieved very nice colours to them. It's a very nice image, I don't notice anything particularly out of focus.

Thank you Chris. I'm not aware that I'm doing anything particularly clever to bring out the star colours, I have to admit.

James

Archived