Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Quickcam pro 4000 webcam

freebz1985

Just a few notes on my recent purchase of a Logitech quickcam pro 4000 webcam which I bought off ebay for £20. I read somewhere that these cameras don't work on windows 7 so I was apprehensive about trying it on my windows 8 pc. But I can confirm that it does work with windows 8 64bit, Just plug in and windows does the rest. Although the Logitech software doesn't work with windows 8, sharpcap does, so no great loss there. The other problem I came across in buying this webcam is the ccd sensor it comes with. Some sony and others sharp. There are two models V-UT16 and V-UJ16. Luckily mine came with the sony sensor and my model is the V-UJ16 . I don't know if the model number makes a difference to which sensor you get, but If it can be confirmed it would eliminate the possibility of ending up with the inferior sharp sensor. Also most aluminium telescope adapters that I have come across are around £20 but I found one on ebay for £12.90 http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/webcam-adapter-1-25-fit-/130574187989?pt=UK_Telescope_Adapters&hash=item1e66d3fdd5. Hope this helps if you thinking of getting one of these cameras.

My first pic using my setup. Skywatcher E xplorer 200p, Eq5, RA motor drive, 2x barlow. Captured using Sharpcap 1300 frames at 10fps. Stacked using Registax 80%. All a bit rushed and very windy, but still very pleased with it for a quick first go. I need to sort the focusing out, I couldn't tell if I was focused properly looking at the sharpcap screen. Jupitur1 30_01_2013 19_39_31.bmp

Hey this is good. Even got the GRS in there, well done. Could this be a contender for the xbox webcam?

Great shot. I would say its a contender for the phillips. Possibly do the lx mod as well if it has the right chipset.

Simon

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I420 compression

10fps

640*480

Contrast, brightness & gamma set to default

White balance auto

Shutter speed can't remember which one I used for this pic but the 3 settings to the right of the slider work best 1/125, 1/33 and 1/150

Gain slider almost all the way over to the left on this picture but adjust until the object looks best but slightly lighter than dark

Capture 1300 frames

• 2 weeks later...

Archived