SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Agena SWA 32mm eyepiece.

tich

I was wondering if these eyepieces are any good as I'm on a bit of a tight budget at the moment & I'm looking for a 32mm to use with my 200P. I know it's not going to be as good as any high end eyepieces unless there's something better out there for less. I've seen Skywatcher super plossls for around £30 but it won't have the same FOV as the Agena 2" eyepiece as they claim it to give you a 70 degree FOV. I've read a few reviews & they do seem to be quite favourable.

Any thoughts?

cloudy nights review post.

http://agenaastro.com/agena-32mm-super-wide-angle-swa-eyepiece.html

Interesting, I love a wide field bargain :)

If that CN review is anything to go by it's a good 'un.

Take a punt, I did on my 30mm UWA Moonfish and I love it!

Dunno if Sky's The Limit are getting more in tho.

Be sure to report back if you do take the plunge tho!

Incidentally, the MoonFish are also sold as Ascension eyepieces here

Edit: It seems they do the one's you're after there too

I've used one of those, of a clone of it, at least. I think they are the best of the low cost 2" super wide eyepieces - very similar in performance to a Panaview 32mm but not quite such a glossy finish.

If you don't want to order from the USA, I think these are the same eyepieces:

http://www.opticstar...?p=0_10_5_1_1_5

I felt these were better than the Revelation 2" super wides that Telescope House do although the Revelations are a little cheaper again.

Edit: Ooops ! - didn't spot that Spec-Chum had already included the Opticstar link.

Thanks for your help & the links I'll order one in a day or two & hopefully try one out if these cursed clouds will disappear.

:grin:

Good for you and fingers cross re: clouds :smiley:

Once you have had a go or two with them, if you get time to post a short report that would be great. As Spec-Chum says, it's always good to have some more info on lower cost wide angles :smiley:

No prob

Good for you and fingers cross re: clouds :smiley:

Once you have had a go or two with them, if you get time to post a short report that would be great. As Spec-Chum says, it's always good to have some more info on lower cost wide angles :smiley:

No problem John I'll do my best. I've just gone & ordered one now so will make a post about it as soon as I can :grin:

The eyepiece came today so the service is very good, I set up the 200P finished the star alignment & pointed the scope at Jupiter. I popped in the eyepiece & focused on it. Then this happened!!

320935_10151264211393434_1208667336_n.jpg

Curse this weather!! I wanted to try it out on some clusters to see how they looked but never mind. The brief time I had observing Jupiter with it was looking fairly promising. Hopefully I'll get to try it out proper soon. I will of course do a proper review although I've never done one before & I've only had a scope for just over a year now.

• 7 months later...

The eyepiece came today so the service is very good, I set up the 200P finished the star alignment & pointed the scope at Jupiter. I popped in the eyepiece & focused on it. Then this happened!!

320935_10151264211393434_1208667336_n.jpg

Curse this weather!! I wanted to try it out on some clusters to see how they looked but never mind. The brief time I had observing Jupiter with it was looking fairly promising. Hopefully I'll get to try it out proper soon. I will of course do a proper review although I've never done one before & I've only had a scope for just over a year now.

Hi tich, Did it it ever clear up? or was it you I saw wandering in the mists out in the distance on Ramsey fens?, I do hope not, yet I suppose it could explain the sudden end to the replies!

I have just wanted to mainly try and prompt a final reply from you tich in order to bring this topic to a conclusive end, For now though I just though in the mean time I would add that I have a full set of the revelation 2" & also several of the 1.25" & I find them very capable of good views & value for the money, I also have several other types of the mid range EP ( & many with LABELS on that would appear on close inspection to be exactly the same EP but just branded under different names GSO etc;-) some of these various EP's including the Moonfish & even the lower end ES eye pieces do not show any great differences at all to me.

Yet I have now, just as every one always warns & advises you\us when we start out; to save our money & buy the best straight away, well I like many who will follow me\us, now know what you all meant! DOG DARN IT! As now I have spent the money I should of a while back invested, better late than never! & I now have a set of the TV plossls including a TV 32mm plossl & a 2" TV 32mm Wide View & a 55mm 2"TV plossl en route so hopefully all is good that ends well & when the weather gives me a proper chance & once my OPTICS CABINET is sorted I hope to put all the eye pieces side by side & then to carry out thorough tests on what "I" perceive to be best, YET FOR THE TIME BEING HERE IS THE ONE I WISH TO SHOUT ABOUT! it's the 42mm Meade 5000 SWA, it truthfully knocked my socks off in my 12"SCT, my jaw dropped & so did others who have seen the Heavenly view it gives,.-Oh its goOod, but it is also HUGE, in some scopes you might be better off spinning the ends round & looking through the other end :-).

I did make it out in the end & I even did a review about it here. It's not a bad eyepiece although it would work better in a slower scope. I can assure you it wasn't me wandering around the Fens :grin:

I've noticed there's quite a few re-badged eyepieces as well as other bits of kit so always worth shopping around & doing a bit of homework first to see what savings can be made. I'd love to start building up a set of high end eyepieces maybe one day.

I did make it out in the end & I even did a review about it here. It's not a bad eyepiece although it would work better in a slower scope. I can assure you it wasn't me wandering around the Fens :grin:

I've noticed there's quite a few re-badged eyepieces as well as other bits of kit so always worth shopping around & doing a bit of homework first to see what savings can be made. I'd love to start building up a set of high end eyepieces maybe one day.

Thanks for clearing that one up tich! now all I need cleared up, are my skies, does anyone out there have a aqua sky vac I can borrow ? & a long nozzle! {{;-----:{o)

Archived