Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Error message

Bubbles82

Hi everyone back again with another software question.When trying to load the drivers for my qhy5 cam I keep getting a message about The hash for something is missing ,windows 8 is recognising the driver is there for qhy5 but wont install it as HASH IS MISSING,please could someone point me in the right direction,I have tried the drivers from the disk that came with the camera the drivers that you can download from the qhy site and still nothing :/

Cheers for the replies but really think this ones going to be a pain as I'm running windows 8 and so far everything has been a struggle to make work drivers wise it appears to be a driver problem as when I try to connect through phd says ascom driver problem

I have spent the afternoon looking through the files and have noticed that the ascom profile in the ascom profile application shows no settings under the camera sub menu shows qhy5 and in that profile no settings where as the others show settings.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi.. I'm new here but i thought i'd respond with my remedy to this as i spent a night tearing my hair out with my new qhy5 autoguider setup

the message that Win8 gives about drivers having a missing hash is to do with the driver being unsigned or unrecognised by windows. Now in the old days we'd get a message asking us if we cared about that and usually we'd say 'No' (and probably mutter something about stop asking me stupid questions computer).

to fix this in win8 requires an advanced startup request

1. Go to the charm bar in win 8

2. Choose PC Settings at the bottom

3. Select the 'General' option and then go to the 'Advanced Startup' option

4. On the blue screen select troubleshoot, advanced options, startup settings - then select the restart option

5. Once the pc reboots you then have a choice of what you want it to do... Select the 7th option

'Disable driver signature enforcement'

6. Once Win8 starts, repeat the driver process (i had to do this through the device manager)

you should be all set.... I now don't have any problems with Win8 finding my QHY5 now.... May the autoguiding recommence!

hope that helps

Great.... Glad it worked and that i could help.

dunno about you but as much as i really like Windows8 i really wish that settings and/or warning messages like that unsigned driver one would not be changed between versions. Even if you need a special request to apply it, at least we would know what the actual issue was.

anyway... Clear skies

Archived