Welcome to Stargazers Lounge
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Help!! Which barlow??

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

fmandani

fmandani

Nebula

• New Members
  • 45 posts
I am a proud owner of a zhumell dobsonian 10"

I was looking for a way to get much closer views of planets. Right now the smallest eyepiece I own is a 9mm.

Zhumell Telescope 1.25, 2 Inch 2x ED Barlow Lens with Compression Rings for 59.99 VS. Meade #128 3X Barlow Lens 1.25 Inch for 39.99

Which should I get?? And should I go for buying a smaller eyepiece as well?

Also, do all eyepieces fit a telescope if they are the right size? What would you do?

faulksy

faulksy

Red Dwarf

• Advanced Members
  • 4,631 posts
a lot say the tal 2x barlow is very good. also the celestron ultima but thats around £100 but eqaly good same company i believe is the orion shorty plus.and yes all 1.25 ep will fit your scope. what focal length is your scope ?

orion optics vx14 with ultragrade optics 1/10 and hilux coatings,  feathertouch focuser with sips  nexus push to navigation system using sky safari pro

eps,  5,6,9,12.5,18 bgos   31mm t5, 22mm t4, 13mm ethos,10mm + 6mm delos  2" baader uhc + 2" baader oiii
full home grown heaters

mike    dobfest 2 very soon

rwilkey

rwilkey

Brown Dwarf

• Advanced Members
  • 2,636 posts
The Zhumell Telescope 1.25, 2 Inch 2x ED Barlow Lens with Compression Rings, is the same as the Sky Watcher one which I have and it is very good, I recommend it. Similar sort of price too here: http://www.firstligh...arlow-lens.html

Robin
Sky Watcher Explorer 200P EQ5 f/5 with 32mm Skywatcher PanaView EP. Meade 5000 Series 28mm, Baader Hyperions & FTR's. Celestron C100ED-R f/9 (Moonlited) on a Vixen Porta II mount. Plossls, ortho's, SW LET EP's, William Optics SPL 12.5mm, 6mm. Axiom LX's, 13mm LVW. BST Explorers. ES 82 Series. Various visual filters
Member of Swindon Stargazers and Salisbury Plain Observing Group

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users