Welcome to Stargazers Lounge
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Stellarium for tablet

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Haggismoon

Haggismoon

Vacuum

• New Members
  • 7 posts
Hi Everyone,
My wife recently got a tablet thingy and we wanted to get Stellarium for it. Because it doesn't run Windows but instead uses Android (I think) we have not been able to find a workable version anywhere. Does anyone know where to get Stellarium for Android or is there something else we could get (for free!)?
Thanks in advance for any help.
Hm

"Your eyes were lost in space
They floated off your face"

Nova

Nova

Proto Star

• Advanced Members
  • 621 posts
Im not sure if stellarium is available for andriod. How about google skymap? stardriod and stargazers log are 2 others ive seen. just stick "star gazing app for android" into google
Steve
SW 150P on an EQ3-2 with dual axis motors
9x50 Orion Optics RA finder + Telrad
SW super 25mm, SW 10mm, SW ultra wide 6mm
2x SW barlow 3x TAL barlow
Tri-atlas sky charts and S&T Pocket sky atlas
Flashed SPC880
.....and too much light pollution!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Worthing Astronomers website
Worthing Skywatchers on Facebook
My Flickr page

Daz1974

Daz1974

Star Forming

• Members
  • 184 posts
On my Asus Transformer and Galaxy SII I have the follwing:

Google Sky Map
SkEye
Astro Panel
Heavans Above
Star Chart
Mobile Observatory

All these pretty much can give you the same kind of info Stellarium can and have proved very useful in my time learning the sky

Daggerstab

Daggerstab

Nebula

• Members
  • 88 posts

Does anyone know where to get Stellarium for Android?

There have been talk about a Stellarium port for Android for quite some time. A major obstacle used to be the lack of a port of the Qt libraries for Android, but they have been ported now. The other great obstacle that remains is that no-one in Stellarium's developer team has an Android device (yet). :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users