NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Canon EOS 350D remote control

Hi everyone, I'll start with an apology as I'm new here and this might be the wrong place, or maybe it's been asked before, but anyway...

I use my 350D on a driven platform (camera lenses fitted), or hanging off the back of my 4" refractor (no drive), and I shoot whilst connected to my laptop as I like to get the images straight onto the hard disk and the screen, that way can I see if they are any good. I usually fire the shutter from the laptop as the control panel gives excellent control of most of the camera settings, I also like to be able to use the mirror lock to reduce camera shake, but why is it that I can only use the mirror lock when shooting from the remote control cable (RS60-E3), but not the from the laptop?!

A warning symbol of a triangle with an exclamation mark appears in the control panel (laptop screen) when the mirror lock is enabled, and there's no way it will let me take a picture. I manage to get by using the remote cable, but every time I'm fumbling in the dark to find it, I start swearing again. :x

If anyone out there can shed some light you will make me a lot happier, thanks. :lol:

If it has worked, there should be three images of the recent eclipse attached, if not I'll try again...

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

sniff sniff... whats goin on in 'ere then.. {another nosey one enter's in the conversation} :)

I have a Canon 400D and get the same problem. I have heard that you can get hold of custom made cables that allow setting of multiple long exposures and all sorts of other whizzy camera functions via a laptop. I haven't come across any in the UK yet, hope to do a proper web search on it some time.

Matt

www.astronomiser.co.uk will do all the custom leads you coluld want,

I have no idea about the mirror lock up, as I have a 300D.

I have a lead from there and it was well made and delivered very quickly.

Great images BTW, and Welcome.

Ant

Thanks for the link Ant, will check them out.

I already have bought ImagesPlus which is an excellent peice of software much like DSLRFocus

Matt

Archived