Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Will the SW EQ3-2 Pro SS Goto do?

GrantEb

Hi all

I have had withdrawal symptoms after selling all my kit, and need to get up and running again.

So, what would you recommend as a very portable setup, imaging with a max focal length of 200mm?

I imagine the SW EQ3-2 Pro will do? As I understand, it can also be autoguided if desired. Is it a lot lighter and smaller than the HEQ5?

I have thought of the astrotrac, but really like GOTO.

Thanks for the help.

Cheers

If you mean the EQ3 Pro Skywatcher - Skywatcher EQ3 PRO Synscan GOTO

Then yes it will do the job.. there are some issues with the autoguiding on some of them at the moment (all the ones I have tried but have to believe SW when they say its only some of them :):rolleyes::p:rolleyes:...) and not sure how far skywatcher have got in producing a working fix... :p:(:)

I Often use mine in preference to the HEQ5 Pro which I also have, Basically i am just getting used to it as its my "portable" mount ... easy one handed carry...

I dont even bother with Star alignment just PA it using the built in polarscope and manually start Sideral tracking...

Peter...

I tend to use 4 min subs at 50mm and 2 min sub at 200mm I did spend time making sure the polarscope was properly aligned to the mount.. the HEQ5 one is being a PITA...

I have reposted a few images taken with the setup in the 2010 Widefield Showcase...

Skywatcher - Skywatcher EQ3 PRO Synscan GOTO

The Cygnus one is from the pier outside the obs (same mount as the HEQ5...) and the Milkway one was from a cliff top down the GOwer Peninsula last summer... both are mosaics that were teken with the Canon 50mm F1.8 EF III at f4 on the Baader BCF modified 1000D...

Peter...

Archived