stellarium controlled scope help

I have at long last got my goto scope to be controlled by stellarium, thanks to the sticky on here.

I can get it to move where i ask it to on stellarium, not sure if it's correct as i done this in the day, What i need to know now is do i set up the goto as i would without using stellarium? i.e time, date, postion etc, or does it use the defaults i have set into stellarium? if so where do i set the scope to point when setting up?...:D

IT WORKS!!! well had a few hours with the scope and stellarium and it all works great, all targets spot on in the EP.

thanks for the help MorningMajor

Your welcome - isn't it great when something just comes together like that - and huge respect to the guys that came up with Stellarium

stellarium is such a brilliant program, helped me find saturn almost instantly with my cheapo jessops 800-80. with no exsperiance i would have never known where too look for it, its really helping me start too learn the skys abit too:).

what lead do you need to do this, i have a nexstar 127 slt goto had a couple of months and i am really struggling to align it maybe this would help me :D

Stellarium won't help with aligning, as you need to align the scope before using Stellarium - what problems are you having?

Archived