Sharpcap killed my cam

Now ive used Sharpcap my my cam seems to have trouble picking up anything other then then the moon.

i tryed to get saturn but nothing on the screen

really dont understand it its like the software has broken the cam

any ideas

Thanks

Brian

Yup. Use a high magnification eyepiece to get it centred, then switch to the camera and use sharcap with the gain and brightness turned up high to find the planet. Once you've found it, wind them back down for focusing.

For me (and others, I think it's fair to say) there seems to be a lot of atmospheric distortion making Saturn very hard to image at the moment. Ten days ago I managed to get some reasonably sharp images and I can't even get close now. I tried last night, but the focus was all over the place. Even at low magnification there was an obvious rippling across the moon's surface, too.

(I guess I'm saying it's tricky, and that good opportunities for imaging at the moment seem to be rare, so don't be disappointed if it doesn't turn out as well as you'd hoped.)

James

Archived