Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

C9.25 and SW 80DS pro comparison.

I'm very tempted with the offer that FLO have at the moment on the C9.25 OTA, as its my birthday in two weeks my lovely wife might buy one for me? My questions are, how will it compare to my SW 80DS pro that I have at the moment? I use it for viewing and astro-photography. I understand that the FOV will be a lot less, but I've decided to hold on to the SW 80DS pro, so I'm hopping to have the best of both worlds. How will the overall views compare the my present scope; e.g DSO, moon and Planets? If I do buy a 6.3 reducer will it then be a practical imaging scope for DSO? I take it that at its normal focal length it makes a very good planet and lunar scope. The most important question, what are the positive and negatives of the scope, so as to persuade the wife, that its worth the expense.

Thank you.

Archived