Which powerpack?

So I finally bit the bullet after my bank offered me a ridiculously cheap loan when doing some online banking the other day and I have just ordered a Skywatcher Explorer 200P on an HEQ5 Pro mount.

Obviously I'm going to need a power pack but have heard quite a few people say the Skywatcher ones are not very good. So, what is the general consensus on what to get ? And do I need to buy a cable to connect the power pack to the mount or does that come with the mount?

Nothing wrong with the SW ones - except they're expensive (Celestron even more so). Maplins have the same thing around £40-£45 - often on offer for £25-£30. I have the 17ah "5 in 1" powerpack which works fine. It even started my car once when I flattened the battery keeping the doors open whilst loading up lol :icon_eek:

Nothing wrong with the SW ones - except they're expensive (Celestron even more so). Maplins have the same thing around £40-£45 - often on offer for £25-£30. I have the 17ah "5 in 1" powerpack which works fine. It even started my car once when I flattened the battery keeping the doors open whilst loading up lol :icon_eek:

Thanks, must have been a long load up lol. had a look at Maplins and saw this 3in1 Portable Jumpstarter : InCar Battery Chargers and Compressors : Maplin

Suitable? And what about a connection to the mount?

Edit: Not to worry, just found a link you posted to this http://firstlightoptics.com/products.php?cat=118

Thank you very much once again.

I bought the exact same one from Maplin's last week to use on my SkyMax 127 SupaTrak and it is superb, it contains a 17ah battery so plenty of juice, i have used it for 3 hours so far and it is still well in the green. The leads are also available on Ebay in different lengths.

Halfords do a 40Ah unit, it's £90 but has never failed me in over 2 years of use. Average use is 6 hours and it still shows 75% capacity.

Money well spent when I know several people who have gone through 2 or 3 of the 17Ah units in a year or 2.

Archived