NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Finder brackets on refractor focusers

Hi folks,

I'm wanting to treat my ED120 to a new dual-speed focuser. The current focuser has a built-in finder bracket, which is really handy, but a lot of the focusers I've been looking at (Skywatcher, Baader, William Optics) don't have this. I'm wondering how people usually fit their finders with scopes using the above focusers?

I don't like sticky pads, and I'd rather not resort to drilling new holes if possible. Are there other ways?

I'm currently swaying towards Moonlite to get round this, but it's a bit too pricy for my liking...

Cheers

Andrew

The SkyWatcher and WO have a screw mounting hole in the right place on the focuser to add a finder bracket. You can fit the WO type bracket or a Synta type bracket.

The cheap Synta mounting shoe can be fitted simply by drilling a central hole in the shoe so that it only needs one screw to hold it in place. Here's a photo of a Synta type shoe.

John

If you really want to treat your ED120 to a new dual speed focuser, then go for a MoonLite, if you ever change refractor, MoonLite do flanges for all types, or specials if required, so you will never have to part with it , they are superb and have two finder sockets to boot and 360 deg rotation if you attach a camera, there is only one draw back they are expensive, but then as they say, your worth it :icon_eek:

Archived