NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

NEQ6 Pro

martin_h

Having recieved this in the week and got it setup on the pier I spent a good few hours Friday night drift aligning to try and get it as close as possible - no mean feat using the stock adjustment screws (wet string).

It still has that distintive Sky Watcher rattle at the start and end of fast slews but not as loud as the HEQ5, BUT it is as stable as a rock. With an ED100 on it makes focussing a doddle now, no more bouncing around as you touch the scope :)

IN USE: I dont know if it was the alignment or what, but the PHD graph was the best I have ever had it, and that was using the same settings as the HEQ5, and the seeing wasn't great for most of the evening, RA and DEC were both see-sawing but the overall drift in both axis was less than 1 pixel over 5 hours.

Am I pleased with it? Ohh yes.

Do you have it set up in an obs or carry it out for each session? I am wondering about the weight. I have a SW 100ED Pro and considering getting the NEQ6.

Set up in an obs. But its not that heavy - depending on how far you plan to carry it!

Set up in an obs. But its not that heavy - depending on how far you plan to carry it!

Can you drop me a line with the name and location of your gym!!! :icon_eek: Hopefully the pier will be ready by the weekend and I will get the mount on there and avoid giving myself a hernia.

Yes the mount is good, noise at start and end of slew is there but noting I will worry about, ticks all the boxes except one and that is the polar scope, have turned the light down to the lowest but still can't see a thing through it, other than that a big thumbs up.

Jim

Archived