NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

help with dobson height:please

kane8allthepies

my problem is thus.i have a skywatcher 200p flexbridge style telescope.which i need to raise its base up by 12" so i can use it confortubly without bending as i have spinal tumor which restricts my movement lots.

there are a few drawbacks to me going back to any tripod mounted system such as weight and leaning over the tripod.

the ideas i have had include turning a plant pot upsidedown but a 21" diameter

plant pot is going to be cumbasome.make a folding table.canabulise a zimmer frame by cutting the legs and support brackets off then put a piece of wood on top with drill holes to join each together.

all these questions are fogging my mind and i cant deside.would you drill holes for the dobsons feet to go into to increase stability?

help me please.

Hi

If it is something you will need every time you observe I would make a dedicated box that matched the shape of the ground board.

Replace the Dob feet with large locating dowels that fitted holes in the top of the new box.

Using the original Dob feet on the bottom of the new box.

The box could then be finished to match the existing mount.

That is what I would do

Regards Steve

Archived