Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Astronomik vs Baader Filters....

RichieJarvis

Hi All,

I am just about to buy some 2" filters to replace my old 12nm Astronomik 1.25" filters and LRGB set.

I can't afford the Astrodon's, so that really leaves me with Astronomik or Baader.

Can anyone tell me relative experiences of both, to help me narrow down on a decision? I am going to be buying an LRGB set plus as narrow an Ha filter as I can (7nm for Baader, 6nm for Astronomik.)

Any thoughts/advice gratefully received!

Cheers,

Richie

I like Baader. I have not tried Astronomik LRGB but have tried their Ha and I prefer the Baader. Not a very relevant observation, I know!

Tom O'D also uses the Baaders and whatever you may think of my confused efforts, Tom's are really classy.

Olly

Actually Olly, that is exactly the sort of observation I was after... the baaders are soooo much cheaper that I can get an Oiii as well, so if they are good enough, and work well, then thats my preferred route.....

Sent from my Milestone using Tapatalk

Archived