Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Cant Decide what to Purchase

Thanks nick for confusing me more lol, ill have a think about that one, I need to half a proper think about where I'm storing it.

Do these scopes come in a hard storage case or anything like that

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

box and polystyrene im afraid, to be honest though the mount isnt much bigger than a hoover and with the OTA stood on its end, should fit beside the mount in the corner under the stairs or pantry ect,ect :)

well, thnx to you guys, youll be pleased to know i think ive decided, might go for the Mak127 on hte EQ3 mount, as I think this will keep the photography option still open for me in the future, i know there maks arnt the best for photo work but should be fine for what I can afford to do.

And also, if I wanted to upgrade the mount to Goto later on then I could do that as well:)

yep, its the bee's knee's, the dogs bits and so on and so forth.

definatley worth the extra over its competitors

rolled steel instead of aluminium

1/10 wave mirrors over the 1/4 or 1/6 the others use

and the current variant has a 2" focuser with a 1.25" adaptor instead of the old 1.25" that the TALs used to have

and the best finder scope on the market (or "meerkat" as AndyH would put it) :icon_eek:

ooop! im ranting here, sorry :D

all in all, a fast scope with a good barlow, thats all you need, its all I need anyway :rolleyes:

i got the mak 90 to sneak into work, it just has to be done sometimes............ but only on my breaks of course.......honest

out with the TAL now, trained on Saturn with standard TAL 25mm plossl and TAL x2 barlow, its magic, wipes out the mak, very clear view, opaque in colour, satalites in orbit, cassini devision. FANTASTIC!! (on phone, sorry for dodgy report), im off back to Saturn!

yep, crystal. just having a coffee moment then DSO hunting, finaly, a good night and not at work!

Ps, hurry up and get some bins or a scope, as master lee says "you miss all the heavenly glory" :D

Think I'm going to go for the mak nick as I think I fancy mainly for planets and its small enough to store.

Only other question I have is depending on which mount I go for, would it be possible to mount my existing reflecter onto either of them

i presume i could get some rings for it to hold it in place as it doesnt have any other sort of fastner on the ota

just gotta decide nick which mout, go to or eq3, i suppose id get more use out of the EQ3 if i could use both scopes on it (if i can get the correct size rings) dont think it would fit onto the Goto mount

Archived