Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Meade Lightbridge Lunar observing report as of 16.11.2010 Part of Lunar 100-200

Doc

Meade Lightbridge 16" F4.5

Phase: 56.3°

Lunation: 10.58 days

Illumination: 77.8%

Lunar 100-200

http://stargazerslounge.com/observing-lunar-solar/136138-new-lunar-100-200-list.html

Number 19 Euler Gamma

Euler Gamma was casting a fantastic shadow accross the lava filled sea, but at the base of this mountain in the south west corner I could see through the 7 Uwan a little cratlet tucked very close to the mountain. I could even see at x457 using the 4 uwan that this cratelet was irregular in shape and that may be due to the fact that it is half buried, not sure how this little became half buried but as it lays at the base of Euler Gamma it could have been a rock slide.

Number 33 The helmet

Just to the south east of Herigonius is a raised platform surrounding some mountains between Agatharchides S and Herigoius H through my 12.5 mm ortho this does look exactly the shape of a helmet similar to what the americans wore in world war 2. The helmet shape is pretty evident as it's a white in colour compared the the dark grey surrounding it.

Number 75 Unamed wrinkle ridge on Mare Frigoris

Through the 12.5mm ortho at x146 I could see a black line or scar embedded onto the grey of Mare Frigoris, I've observed the photos on LPOD website and this black mark is in the exact place as what is shown on the photographs so must be it. The light needs to illuminate it from a different angle to fully appreciate it, will come back another day.

Number 82 The Running Man

Situated on the Mare Cognitum are the Montes Riphaeus and if caught in the correct light, these mountains resembles a running man, with arms and legs outstretched running. The north part of the mountains are sometimes called Montes Ural or Mount Oural. At 91 miles long and 24 miles wide these are very impressive and well worth observing.

Archived