NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

camcorder

Adamski

hi all,

I've just realised that I've got a jvc gr-d70 digital video camcorder and I was wondering that if i took pics and video's with it and uploaded them to my pc, would i be able to use registax software to sort them out? or is it restricted to the philips spc900 webcam? please advise.

cheers,

Adamski:icon_scratch:

The point about the Philips spc900 is that it has a CCD sensor, which is more sensitive to low light conditions than a camcorder. They are usually flashed to give a colour adjustment too. It is usual to remove the webcam lens and insert the webcam directly into the telescope using the telescope as a long telephoto. You can't do that with most camcorders.

You cannot simply stick the camcorder into the focuser and start recording. As it will record an image of your primary mirror. You need to remove the camcorders lens which is not easy.

You can hold the camcorder up to an eyepiece and record that way but I bet the results would be OK but not brilliant.

Archived