Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

What to image...

Beardy Bob

Hi folks,

I've been imaging for a couple of years or so now with a modded 350d and a f7.5 doublet and am wondering what I can image next.

I've had a good crack at the larger, brighter, more well known objects such as M31, M45 and M42, but didn't get a very pleasing amount of detail from NGC 2237 (the rosette nebula) even with 10 or so 10-20min guided subs and obviously don't have the image sharpness to see detail on much smaller objects with my cheap doublet!

At this time of the year when orion is setting very early and the summer constellations are still quite low I'm looking for ideas of targets I can try that will give me some nice images with my limited equipment.

Mmm. Pictures of a few faint blobs of galaxies dson't really appeal to me much. I'm more of a 'pretty image' man. I tried to image m101 a while back but it was too close to the zenith! I might have another go now it's moved around a bit. Maybe that and the one that's half way through colliding with another one - that's around there somewhere isn't it?

Archived