SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

O-III Filter? Inexpensive suggestions? Celestron?

Hi everyone :D

I already bought an H-alpha filter from Astronomik, but it cost me $279 US (ouch!)

I'm looking for an O-III filter now, but the only one that's at my price range is the Celestron one at $87...

-Has anyone used this filter before? I can't find anything else that's around that price :(

I've read people talking about Skywatcher filters, but I can't find them here at the states ;)

Should I go with the Celestron filter???

Or should I save up for a Baader or Astronomik?

Thanks in advance to everyone :p

I had a Celestron O-III filter that was actually identical to the Baader O-III even down to the font on the label except that it said Celestron of course !.

I now have an Astronomik O-III which is a great alround filter - it's band pass width is not quite as "severe" as the Baader / Celestron O-III but, new, it's a heck of a lot more expensive, unfortunately.

I've read good things about the Castell filters but I've not tried one myself:

Castell OIII Deepsky Filter for 2-Inch Eyepieces [Castell-Doiii2] - £46.56 : 365Astronomy: Discovery for every day!

Archived