NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Celestron Nexlmage

Robert Watson

I have one I bought it last year when there were no phillips ones about, it does what it says on the tin but it strikes me that the morgans phillips webcams are better value for money. I'm pleased with it but i would have been more pleased to have bought the phillips webcam for half what I paid 2nd hand for the neximage. but in answer to your question it works fine

Robert,

The NexImage is a nice camera, and will get you material of the moon and planets. It is very overpriced compared to what you can pick up a Phillips camera for. Morgan Computers offer a flashed SPC880 camera (upgraded the firmware to a SPC900N which is effectively the same as the NexImage), filter and eyepiece adapter for around £35

Cheap Pre Flashed SPC880 CCD webcam bundle - 47842 - discounts & offers

As it stands this will do exactly the same as the NexImage, but at around 1/3rd the cost. If you are able to solder a few components it is possible to modify this camera to give long exposures and turn off the amp to the CCD.

Archived