NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

New Camera Headaches!!!

Mav359

Hi guys

I need a new digital camera as my one is on the way out and my intention when i got my scope was to get into astrophotography, the webcam option has been disapointing so i figured i'd take this opurtunity too kill two birds with one stone.

Beyond looking at the mega pixels i'm not great with cameras. I've noticed many people on here have Canon 1000d/450d's. The 450 comes in more expensive but is it worth the extra, i cant tell?

Any thoughts?

:D

I'm not into astrophotography but I do have photography as a hobby.

They are very similar. The main difference is the 450 haves a bit more resolution (mp). The 450 kit usually comes with a better lens and that accounts for some of the price difference.

You say the webcam has been disappointing however its a lot easier then using a dslr. Before you get the camera I would advice reading a good beginners book (such as making every photon count) so that you understand what's involved and make an informed decision.

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk

I bought a lifecam and did the mod on it for astrophotography but i could rarely get it to focus and when i did it was over exposed, i tried it in the eyepiece projection mode as well but no joy, i confess though i began to think i may have done some damage when removing the IR filter.

As for what i want to photograph... All of the above, i have a C9.25 but am buying an ED80 for the AP. I have read Steves book by the way (twice), its brill

I am buying this as a replacment for my mainstream camera as well though while it will be used for AP i'll be using it as a day jobby.

Long term CCD is the goal but i want to get better at the photography, alignment and so on to make it worth it and as i said i need a new camera anyway

Unfortunatly tapatalk doesn't shows signatures. :D

Indeed webcams are easy but low res. I'm still to get a good focused image with mine, but then again I only used it a couple of times on Saturn under bad to average seeing.

If you want to get into photography as well then both cameras are good and not much difference between them so if you don't need the extra MP (needed for big prints or post processing crops), the faster fps (good for fast action, such as sport) or the extra focus points (nice when using a tripod and/or very fast lenses) the 1000D should do.

Archived