Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Light pollution reduction for DSLR..

Simms

Hi all. Just been outside trying some more imaging and getting sick to death of the ghastly orange glow that pollutes the skies around here. What would I need (bar going to a dark sky site) to do to reduce this - the method of astrophotography I am employing is primefocus - that is, attaching my DSLR (Canon 1D mk3) directly to my scope by way of a T-Mount adapter.. I see there are filters for sale that can reduce this, but how on earth would I connect them to my setup?

All answers gratefully received!

Thanks.

You'll find that most of us have to put up with light pollution, and that whilst individual frames are washed out with the sickly glow of light pollution, the final result isn't too bad after a bit of processing.

As an example here's a typical single frame of mine (most of them look like this!), compared with the finished processed result. I do use a basic Skywatcher Light Pollution filter, but a bit of a play in Photoshop does wonders.

post-16549-133877550433_thumb.jpg

Archived