Advice please

i have just joined SGL and would like some advice on equipment to buy. On the welcome board i asked for some suggestions on a first telescope, i was just wondering would it be a good idea to get some astronomy binoculars first then move on to a telescope. i currently only have a pair of Busnnells 10x40 H2O bins that i use for birdwatching. thanks

My budget is about £150. With me being a beginner i thought i would look at the moon and the constellations. I'm still studying the books and magazines. I saw the ISS a couple of weeks ago just wish i had something more powerful to view it with.

hi dave, if you are not allready a member, join a local society, or ask if you can attend a meeting, or an event where there is some gear to try. but as said by branttuk, budget is a main concern on your first gear. selection is important to set you off on the right track, but different scopes are for diferent objects. ie planets, nebs, galaxys, or tiny faint fuzzys. a few books might help. eg turn left at orion. pc sofware like stellarium. and a planesphere are good too. enjoy.

cheers steve

Archived