NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Dovetail to EQ6

G4YVM

I'm buying a s/h EQ6 but it has no mounting gear to fasten the scope to the mount. In this case, and given that my scope is "only" a SW102 refractor with dovetail fittings, what do I need to buy to mate the two? Or do I buy a bar and rings and do it right?

I want to fasten my DSLR to the back of the SW and start my long road into imaging.

D

When you say it has no mounting gear, do you mean that the 'puck' itself is missing? Slightly confused by your post because if the puck isn't missing then from your description of the telescope 'with dovetail fittings', it seems that you have everything you need?

I'm buying a s/h EQ6 but it has no mounting gear to fasten the scope to the mount. In this case, and given that my scope is "only" a SW102 refractor with dovetail fittings, what do I need to buy to mate the two?

D

Probably nothing. The dovetail which is included with your refractor should fit the puck of the EQ6 without any additional fittings. It just slides it and retained by two screws

Steve

Archived