NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

polar scope retucule not centred

Yes it can and it is vital that you do so to ensure an accurate Polar Alignment. From the manual for the EQ3:-

The easiest way to do this is to lower the mount head in azimuth and sight on a distant object in daylight. This may involve taking out the latitude t-screw, shortening one leg, or both to get the head down low enough. After you have done this unlock the R.A. clutch again and rotate the mount back and forth in R.A. while keeping your target in view. The idea is to gently tweak the three alignment screws, while rotating the mount, until the target remains at the centre of rotation. This shouldn't take long and after that keep the plastic cap on to protect it from getting bumped off alignment. Set the azimuth of the mount back to the correct latitude.

I am sort of "glad" that I am not the only person who has had a "problem" (not in a nasty way of course) ... after years of aligning laser cavities and articualted arm beam delivery systems this one has got me "beat" for now.... its an absolute pig...

Sorry to jump in on this thread but i've been meaning to ask this for a while now.

Once you've done the polar alignment should you (and if not why?) change the dates and time on the circles everytime you use the mount ?

:(

Archived