Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Collimation on a Astro-master 130EQ

How do you do it on my scope?

I've read astrobaby's guide but I'm unable to see where any adjuster screws are other than on the rear of the scope. There seems to be none that move or adjust the mirror.

From what has been said its something that should be done yet it seems to be that the manufacturer's dont want you playing.

I'm at SGL6 so if somebody's willing to show me how to do this I would be great full.

I have a 130EQ,and struggled with the concept of collimation.On the end of your scope there are 3 big chrome screws,thumbscrews,which are used for collimation after you have slackened off the three small chrome(Philips type) screws maybe half a turn-these hold the mirror in place.Be sure you really need to adjust the primary mirror-which is the one we are now talking about.The secondary mirror is the one in the open end,held in by the spider,and adjusted by the three philips scres mounted on the spider.This one should be checked before the primary mirror.

Archived