NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

astronomy binoculars

Hello all - I would like to invest in some quality binoculars that may be used for basic astronomy.

I would like to get a feel for star maps/ equipment/ methods and what not before investing in a scope and a good set of powerful binoculars would serve me in other areas = safe investment.

I understand large lenses are favourable but thats about it.

My budget is around £100

Any ideas anyone?

thanks - Andy :)

I went for Revelation 15x80s as you will see from that thread and have found them wonderful and only £50 from FLO.

Great - I was leaning towards the Revelation 15x70's that were discussed. How do you find the weight of them or are you using with a tripod?

thanks,

Andy

Sorry I meant 15x70s.

I find the weight totally fine but you do have to anchor your arms into yourself or rest on something to stop a tremor. I will be getting a heavy duty tripod next month definately.

Sorry I meant 15x70s.

I find the weight totally fine but you do have to anchor your arms into yourself or rest on something to stop a tremor. I will be getting a heavy duty tripod next month definately.

Perfecto! Thanks for your help - i'll order a set tomorrow they look great.

Plus i'll be reclining under the stars whilst night fishing with a beer so weight wont be an issue.

Brilliant!! :)

Have fun I am finding them great for helping me learn the night sky before I decide on which scope to get. You will be shocked at what you can see - I certainly was. Let me know how you get on.

If you do get a tripod then its a personal thing but asking on here and knowing someone who has one I will be going for a 8115 Heavy Duty Tripod rather than trying to scrimp on a cheap one.

If you do get a tripod then its a personal thing but asking on here and knowing someone who has one I will be going for a 8115 Heavy Duty Tripod rather than trying to scrimp on a cheap one.

Thanks I will - I have one for an old video camera but it is fairly light weight and I can see how they would be a pain.

Thanks for your help with the 'bins'

Andy

No problem, have a nose though on the observing with bins page as you may find another pair take your fancy too - I can only talk from experience of 1 set.

Archived