NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

M42 1st attempt

Starjumper

Hi All,

Had a couple of hours nof clear sky for a change so set up and managed to capture some images, had quite a good night alround after setting up and polar aligning all the goto's after the first 2 were spot on and managed to get little bits of imaging on a few objects ( just to see how well it was working ) even the guiding played ball.

Anyway here is my meagre attempt at M42.

All C & C appreciated.

Thanks for looking

John

post-14540-133877541336_thumb.jpg

Thanks John,

It was 70 subs at 55secs ( no darks) and I was using the C80ED with eqmod, CDC, guiding was the QHY5 with PHD.As I said earlier

I have not had much time using the equipment with work , clouds and the family ( waiting for a new grandchild to make an appearance any minute now )so I was quite chuffed to get something.

Just a bit dissapointed with the colour as some of the other images get more blue which I quite like, I did have a little play with levels & curves in PS but that was about it.

Looking forward to some clear nights soon.

John

A nice start. The exposure seems well controlled and the core hasnt been burnt out.

Just a query - if you are guiding why are your subs limited to 55s? You should be easily able to get 5-10min subs.

Cloudbuster, thank you for your kind comments.

Hi Digz, I was setting up and testing all the gear I had started off at M82, M45, M1 and decided to try M42 the guiding was just to see if was going to throw up any problems but in the end it was all ok.

John

Archived