NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

A shot at Rosette

Tadakun

Well its definitely there. Keep going :)

I'm thinking that until I get my manual tracking down to near perfect on my scotch mount, I'll be shooting more widefield with 18mm. I'd like to use my telephoto 200mm but I don't track quite accurately enough...yet

At longer FL you will really need to have the screw continously driven at the correct rate.. stepper motors are probably the best bet...

Steve Tonkin (tetenterre on here) has info on his website...

Scotch Mount -- Double Arm

The SAA1027's stepper motor drivers can take a bit of tracking down these days...

Billy...

from 70-200mm you have to move the tracker 30 degrees every 5 seconds. it's a bit of work. Until I set up a motor I'll be nothing more than 60mm. I already found the 1rpm motor I will use I just have to get around to doing it.:)

I'm going to experiment with widefield with wide angle stuff for awhile because i love how the star fields look.

interesting very techinical link. I so like how he already set up the mount so that it's at the right angle to be aligned to north. So instead of me having to adjust up and over his is just over.

Archived