NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Ngc 2392

Mamsoth

Hi everyone, I was so ecstatic when the eskimo appeared on my laptop screen, it's an object I have gotten much joy out of over the years but I've never been able to get as much as I'd like out of it through visual observation, due to chronic light pollution from my back garden.

It was really frustrating using my 12" Dob sat on the equatorial platform especially seeing as it is nearly impossible to focus properly without the object hurtling out of view, but it was all worth it.

Tomorrow, if we get the clear skies that BBC weather are predicting I'm gonna see what I can get using my 5" frac, hopefully the drop in aperture will be made up for with a more accurately aligned mount and longer exposures. Also on fridays they sometimes turn off the massive floodlights that loom over my garden so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Scope: Skywatcher 12" Skyliner

Camera: Atik 2-HS

Exposure: 100 x 1 second

Image cropped and resized to 150%

Processed in Registax

post-19473-133877540294_thumb.jpg

Archived