SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

M109 - small reprocess

LunarLight

Hey guys

I have been playing with some old data and have an updated version of this. Taken with an unmodded Nikon D300 this is about 2.3 hours of 1 minute subs unguided.

The reason I am posting is because now that I have a guide system I am intending to recapture with with either 5 or 10 min subs to see what the difference would be.

If anyone has take a guided shot of this galaxy please feel free to post pictures because its a beautiful galaxy but there are only a very few pictures of it out there... it may inspire some more :-D

First the original with no flats:

m109original.jpg

secondly the new one with a bit more dragged out of it. I will post up an updated guided image when I can :)

m109a.jpg

Thanks

Mark

Nice one! I'm liking that. I viewed M109 a few weeks ago with my 12" scope. Felt I was on the verge of pulling out a bit of spiral arm definition, but that time it wasn't to be. Seeing your excellent shot just reminded me that I must go back to it and continue the challenge!

Archived