dew control-vivarium heater what watt ?

similar problem with finance for ridiculously expensive products.

i am looking for cheaper alternative ,would anyone with experience see a problem with using this vivarium heater,again thanks in advance for advice.

Zoo Med Repti Heat Cable 3.5m for Reptile Vivarium 15W on eBay (end time 25-Mar-11 19:09:37 GMT)

they do various watts,what watt watt what would you recommend?

so:)rry i couldnt resist that!

hi rosco.

i keep snakes so have a little experiance with this, i'd probably stay away from this as if its not thermostaticaly controlled they can get quite hot, i had a 6watt one and without regulation it got upto about 38c which i'd imagin would be too hot to use as dew control.

Looking at the box and Googling the product I think it is a mains powered unit, looks like a US plug on it - thus not sure if it is good for the UK (110 <>230 v) the first couple of metres are cold cable, the rest gets warm. Now whether it would work as a dew heater I have no idea - sorry :)

hey guys,its for lx 200 8"

they go from 14w upward

a PWM controller with this would be perfect! nice suggestion

and an isolating outdoor plug,still all within budget and safe/practical

where would you place dew heater,round dew hood close to lens on outside or inside?other? going to look at bizibilders build your own now,

no wonder theyre so expensive,talk about doing something simple as complicated,hi tech and expensive as possable,thats ridiculous!

im off to diy store tomorrow and ordering viv heater,

i just thought theres no reason 14w couldnt come straight from car battery/power box lower voltage anyway,and safer/portable,what dyou reckon. i ll let you all know how i got on,might have curly hair next time we talk!

Archived