Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Constellation of Orion

Hi folks,

I was on holiday a week ago and was frustrated with night after night of cloud and heavy haze in Grand Cayman, in the caribbean, however there was this gap between clouds where I managed to shoot 4 X 60 subs before the clouds ruined it again for the night! :(

There was a full moon and terrible light pollution when I took this image, really should of given up and gone to bed but I was desperate to have a go after all the rubbish weather we have had back home!

Iso 800 at F5.6 using my standard Canon 18-55 EF-S lens working at 48mm, modified Canon 450D.

Quite pleased to see the Flame nebula clearly, shame, I reckon if I had a proper night with more data I may even of managed to get the horsehead.....:)

I've also posted the original stacked image to show what I started with, the odd shape at bottom right is the roof of a building coming into view as my Astrotrack operated

post-15189-133877538864_thumb.jpg

post-15189-133877538872_thumb.jpg

Archived