Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Skywatcher Evostar 120

Hi all I am thinking about geting a Skywatcher Evostar 120 to go on a EQ5 for imageing dose anybody know if this OTA is any good for this.

And dose anybody know were I can order a SPC900NC moded for long exposure.

Thankyou all in advance all the best.

Andy.

This scope would be a bit of a challenge for Astro photography at over F8 it is quite slow and would also give you a narrow field of view so only the smaller DSO'S would be suitable, as an Achromat the colour correction would be an issue as well for photography.

It depends what you are intending to capture to be honest but a ED Doublet refractor in the 66- 80mm size with a focal length of around F6 would be very desirable for most objects . I have taken most of my images with an 80mm refractor

Regards,

Dave Moulton

Andy ,

An F5 Newt would be nice but they are large and you need a good mount to handle them. I have a GSO 8" Newt I use for imaging its fast at F4 and is challenging to get it working well. I prefer refractors for imaging though

Without doubt a small ED Doublet would not be a bad choice. The wider field of view is more forgiving of guiding errors too.

Dave

Archived