Beginners company......

Good Evening everybody!

Finaly clear skys tonight! Sadly tho still havnt saved enough pennys to order my scope 8-(

Im still viewing the skys with my celerstron 15x70 binos for now and ive got to be honest theres only so many times you can look at the same things through bins without starting to get bored because of wanting to see more detail! But until that special day comes and i get to order my scope im gona just have to keep using them.....

Anyways i was just wondering (this might sound cheeky) if there is anybody in the cheshire area or anybody close by that wouldnt mind a bit of stargazing company maybe one night, i live in elton (near chester) not sure if there are any clubs around my area ive tried to search but i cant find anythink,

Im just eager to learn more about our night skys and the skill of astronomy! if anybody dosnt mind passing on there experience and lives near by that wouldt mind a fellow beginner joining them one night that would be great! Again i hope this dosnt sound to cheeky!

Much appriciated and thanks for your time.

Mark

The binocs are great for viewing stuff but half the fun is finding things rather than viewing them over and over. If you learn where everything is you'll be leaps ahead when you do eventually get a scope. Believe me - that will be extremely useful especially if it's a manual driven scope.

So look up as many popular objects as you can in stellarium and make a point of finding them in the sky - you'll enjoy the binocs a bit more and get better use from the scope soon as it arrives.

Meeting a local group is a great idea - try this link: Chester Astronomical Society

Hope that helps :rolleyes:

Hey guys,

Many thanks for all your replys and also Many thanks Andy for that offer il bare that in mind when i know im getting a couple nights spare.

The reason i havnt yet bought my scope im just finishing off paying for my holiday in may but soon as i return im straight on the FLO site! Il have a budget of about £300-£400 and have got my eye on the Skyliner skywatcher 200p 8" dob for my first scope as reccomended by a couple of you off this forum......Cant wait!! Is this still a good option?

.......i know one thing tho guys the first item goin in to my suit case will be my bins wether the wife likes it or not 8-)

Theres always plenty Of dark clear skys abroad of a evening so i know what il be doing off me balcony after the mrs takes the knock!

All the best and lets hope for many more clear skys this week!

Mark

Hi Mark, I can't belive there are not more members around Chester?

The Dob sounds a good choice if you'ar just observing.

The Guys at FLO are just great, I'm lucky cos I see Martin and Steve regularly at the NLO (Norman Lockyer Observatory), so I bend their ears regularly!

Good luck

Pete

Evening,

I know im very suprised too, ive read and herd some great feedback about flo so thats where il be defo buying it from. When the time comes to order il give them a call just to make sure ive orderd everythin i need.....cant wait until that day,

my little girl is aged 4 and ive been teaching her about all the planets and about space in genral, tonight i tought her about the iss but she keeps asking "daddy when are you getting some long binoculars" (telescope to me and you lol) shes seen the moon and orion threw my bins but i cant wait to give her her first view of the planets through a telescope.....thinkin about it i cant wait until i see it for myself 8-)

Archived