NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

large fireball lizard cornwall anyone see?

18.35 26th feb.large fireball appeared between orion and plough,seemed to be not moving for about 2-3 minutes?then moved toward plough for 1 1/2 minute and slowly decreased size then disapeared.good size,clear sky,viewed with binos,no definatley not chinese balls,im on peninsula,and it was way too high and big.the real deal,and the second one that size ive seen in 2-3 years ,superb,or does anyone think it may be earth station related.def wasnt earth station itself,have they got visits at the moment?shuttle etc

anyone else see?

yes,1st time for a week we ve seen sun or stars,loads of fog tho.

Im glad you resolved that,ive watched iss go over,and watched on graph the brightest passes and not so.why was it this bright,and for so long?the sun had just gone down,would that mean it reflected direct sunlight to me,also it normaly flashes,is it not rotating at the moment,or would it reflect that bright regardless?

many thanks for your feedback,exellent.ps the clear weather is moving up your way soon,no worries,lol

wow,been side tracked back to photography with kevs site,exellent!are you self taught,uni or,both.i quickly looked into time lapse video camera work for hobby,then saw the price.think i ll go back to setting up a dslr and try it in still work,thanks for the inspiration.theres a light house next to me if your carrying on that theme,lizard cornwall.

?the sun had just gone down,would that mean it reflected direct sunlight to me,also it normaly flashes,is it not rotating at the moment,or would it reflect that bright regardless?

The ISS doesnt rotate at speed as far as ive ever observed , it always seems to slow down when over head and then speed up , lasts nights pass at 6:35 was nice and bright up here in Devon.

The brighness always depends on the relationship to the setting sun , the nearer to sunset the brighter it is.

Our favorite game is to watch multiple passes during the night. :rolleyes:

wow,been side tracked back to photography with kevs site,exellent!are you self taught,uni or,both.i quickly looked into time lapse video camera work for hobby,then saw the price.think i ll go back to setting up a dslr and try it in still work,thanks for the inspiration.theres a light house next to me if your carrying on that theme,lizard cornwall.

Totally self taught from around the mid 70's :rolleyes: I helped my daughter with her Photography A level last year and to be honest I thought the standard of teaching was appalling but she did get an A* :eek:

Archived