Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

SW Skymax 127 Supatrak or SW Skymax 127 (EQ3-2)?

Hi MrsR!

How are you my dear?

I would suggest to get the Skywatcher 127 EQ 3-2 mount because it's a much well built mount.

However that depend's on your budget and certain amount of knowledge on finding objects yourself.

For me I bought the EQ-5 goto mount for my SW 127 Mak and it's really good, however I am a bit of of a lazy man when it come's to finding objects, so I got the Synscan instead.

However if the EQ 3-2 is good for the 127 Mak, but it depends how you want to use it, It obviously seems that you want to find objects using the setting circles, so get the EQ 3-2 it's a much better studier mount than any of the Altizmuth basic mount's, but that depends your budget of course??

However the if you ever considered another scope size up on a later date, than I would get the mount next size up.

The EQ 3-2 will fit maximum size 6 inch reflector, But a EQ-5 would handle a 8 inch reflector.

My advice is if your budget is not limited than go for the EQ 3-2, if not than I would go for the Synscan AZ GOTO Mount instead of the Supatrack! At least you have decent Goto mount for not much more cash.

But that really depends on your budget??? I'm sorry if I'm much help here MrsR!!! :)

Party Marty I am good thanks, hope you are well? Any news on a tour yet?

Thanks for the advice - it does help. My budget would have been bigger but have a poorly Grande Espace!!!!!!!!!!!!! Typical eh! I am quite willing to wait and save a few more coins though.

I want to teach myself the skies but I know in the future a GOTO will be required as once I know more then I can concentrate on astrophotography.

No news of tour just yet MrsR?

However if do get the Synscan AZ mount, is a good choice!

But you mentioned about Astrography, then I suggest you to consider the EQ3-2 mount, even though if you don't have the budget for a EQ 3-2 Synscan Goto mount, At least you can alway's upgrade the EQ 3-2 mount to Goto drive motor Synscan set on a later date for Astrography.

But that depend's on your decision my girl, I will not bully you into it!!

The choice is your's my friend??:)

Archived