Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

First lunar shots

m_j_lyons

Luna was trying to hide behind clouds this morning but I was able to grab about 3 minutes of video during some thing spots and a few breaks in the clouds.

First shot is through the clouds and is my first attempt at real Registax 5 work. (moon 1.jpg)

The second is through a good break in the clouds - the image cleaned up nicely but I've got an artifact/fragment down by Tyco Crater - I used multipoint alignment ... was I wrong to do that? I'll probably go play with it using a single alignment point just to check it out. Either way I'm pretty happy with the results - may have over sharpened a bit also. (moon 3 - clear.jpg)

Final shot is a 2xbarlow down by Tyco. Clouds rolled back in as I was getting ready to capture so the image quality is not great and the focus may not be perfect (first barlow webcam attempt). I cropped out the mess the stacking made to the right of the image. Not super happy with the image - I just couldn't pull out much detail without losing quality. (moon 5 - zoom of Tyco - clouds.jpg)

Image done through Orion StarBlast 4.5 using Orion StarShoot SS Camera...2xBarlow for the last image. Images were also done from inside due to inclement weather so they are shot through a window.

post-24678-133877534582_thumb.jpg

post-24678-133877534586_thumb.jpg

post-24678-133877534591_thumb.jpg

Archived