Software for GOTO mounts

Hi,

I've installed Stellarium and absolutely love it! I'm planning to use it for my Skywatcher130p (goto).

Is this all I need to navigate my telescope using a laptop or would you recommend other, additional apps?

Thank you in advance.

Tom.

Hi

Stellerium works fine with my Celestron Nexstar 6SE.

Just align the scope, tell Stellerium to use the same location and then you can use either the scope hand controller or just click on the laptop (ctrl + 1 )

I did "tinker" with Ascom drivers but I don't think you need them (someone please jump in if I'm wrong)

It's just a case of using the left hand pop out menu in stellerium and select settings.

There's a telescope control menu in there.

Anyway, works ok for me.

Regards

Neil

Hi,

Like Neil, I toyed around with the Ascom drivers initially with specific scope control software but now I have Stellarium 0.10.5 I can run my Mak 127 straight from it.

Far less messing around and an absolute doddle to set up.

Just make sure you have the coordinates set the same. The handset on my Mak does not require the precise coordinates (only 51'.00 N 0'.42 W etc) so that is what I entered into Stellarium and it all works spot on.

Best of luck

Regards Tony

Archived