Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

focus issues - basic stuff

Using my 4SE i can attach the DSLR to the tube and use an eyepiece - swapping between the two using the internal flip mirror. My question is... the focus for the DSLR and the EP are HUGELY different, is there a piece of kit that makes them similar, so that i can view an object then 'flip' to image it? i've tried all my EP's and barlow combinations, but its always about ten turns of the focus knob to go between camera and EP. Am i doing something fundamentally wrong? :)

it would appear that insulating tape makes a good temporary par' ring, with the barlows element removed and a long body plossl 25 on the end, it seems to work very well - at least on the tv aerial some way down the road... lol. I even knocked up a basic bahtinov mask from some scrap card, its been quite a productive evening, now to await clear - less wet, skies for a test run, many thanks for the advice people. :)

Archived