Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

First Light Well Almost - Ha ha!!

G2EWS

Hi All,

Well I watched the weather on the BBC and Met Check all day and cloud was going to be about 20% so kept my fingers crossed.

Then about 20:00 I went into the garden and there was Polaris and the sky was clear with clouds in the distance.

I rushed in, got dressed - to kill - and got everything ready. Outside set it all up and pointed the EQ6 towards Polaris and ................ it had gone! Disappeared, shuffled off this mortal coil, gone to meet the vestibule of life, it was an ex star!

Had a good laugh having read so many times on here how you had all done the same. Then looked at the moon. Well if I cannot set the mount and scope up like I am supposed to, I am sure as heck going to have a look at the moon. Only a 28mm eyepiece but what the heck.

Remembered everything Peter had taught me last night and with the hand set I fine tweaked the spotter scope then the main scope and got my first look of the moon through an eye piece! It was great and all the family followed me outside to have a look and oooh, aaah at it.

Tried to set up the camera, but whatever I did it would not focus. Managed it yesterday looking form inside the house down the garden, so no idea what I was doing wrong. Will have another look in daylight.

A new experience and I really enjoyed it.

Bring on the clear skies so I can go and do it properly!

Best regards

Chris

Archived