flocking fablon black valour ?

hi to all a found some stuff that looks good it can be found here

Fablon - Black Velour

as any one else tried this. i emailed them and they got back to me and said they would send me a test piece out to have a look and see what a think also the other Q is does it really make a diference ,flocking ?i read so much some peeps say it does and others say they not sure, i was gonna go the black board paint way any one tried this ?.

also a dew shield stuck on the end of the dob will this also cut down stray light and will it cut down my field of view at all,

thanks all

pat

Can't say about the flocking but a dew shield, assuming it is long enough will cut down on stray light from neighbours etc entering the open end of the tube.

As long as the dew shield when fitted is parallel to the scope it should not cut down on your FOV.

Hi Todd8137, I recently lined my Celestron C11 tube with industrial quality flocking material which I purchased from a company called ABM Labels & Print in Newport, UK (www.abmlabels.co.uk). I spoke to a very nice lady called Maria who sent me a sample. The Flocking material is of good quality and does not appear to shed any of its pile. The inside of my tube does look darker than the original Celestron matt black paint but I've no way of measuring its effectivity. Like everything else I've ever owned that's been made to a price, telescope manufacturing is no different. There are quite a few things you can do to improve a 'scopes performance or at least prevent it being further degraded by poor quality finishes or sloppy focusers.

Hope this helps.

Bud

hi budski and geno and thanks for the answers a will get the dew shield from FLO so there should be no probs with that and a will have a look at the flocking stuff bud and give them a bell and see what they say thanks both again was out tonight clock in up the crater count on the ole moon

pat

Just to say that flocking (..crikey, better make sure I spell it right!) helps 'maintain' contrast but it cannot increase contrast as is often mistakenly written. Is it worth doing? Well I suppose like everything else, it doesn't do any harm and without sounding like Tescos, every little bit helps.

To be honest, its also something to do when the clouds roll in AGAIN! :):D

James

Archived