Copy and Paste from Word?

Hi, I want to post a fairly long thread asking for comments and possible advice on my quest to find a suitable telescope. It is the result of 2 months research, so far..... It requires some thought so it would be nice to compose it on Word and then copy and paste.

My question is - is that allowed and will it work?

If you hi=light the text in your word document, right click on the hi-lighted text and select copy, then start a new thread and simply paste the text into the message box. Not sure what the rules are on post length ?

Hi, thanks for prompt replies. I take it it will be ok to copy & paste, just wanted to ensure I will not be breaking any rules. I think it is the thought required rather than huge content. Just noticed that the scope I am favouring has just had a huge hike in price - Celestron C8-SGT XLT from FLO was £1015!

Be aware that a copy and paste from word may/will copy over any formatting and colours, which usually ends up with you posting black text onto a grey background (which happens a lot, and the mods have to go in and alter the formatting so its readable again). Best paste it into notepad first to make it "text only", and then copy/paste from there into the forum

Be aware that a copy and paste from word may/will copy over any formatting and colours, which usually ends up with you posting black text onto a grey background (which happens a lot, and the mods have to go in and alter the formatting so its readable again). Best paste it into notepad first to make it "text only", and then copy/paste from there into the forum

Thanks for that, will do.

Archived