Dob setting circules help

Like most, always looking for ways to upgrade/improve the good old Dob base, and it seems the best things to do is to add a wixey and setting circules.

Was going to mark the base myself with the 360 degree markings but unsure of the scale, distance between each mark, so after some searching of the web and of course help from here i have come up with a printable chart, i believe Staples can print these at a larger then normal size, i need this printed in one, on one sheet, as using a few sheets would not be so accurate.

Now my question is, what size do i need it printed at? i have the Skywatcher Skyliner 200P Flex-tube Dob and will fix it between the base and the turn table part with a sight hole drilled to view the settings, was also thinking (if possible) to have it laminated, to protect from the weather, but then again only go out when dry but then again will the damp air effect it?.

Here's the setting circules i need printing if it helps

Cheers

azimuth_scale.pdf

hello dave :(

i found a really good thread

http://stargazerslounge.com/diy-astronomer/79817-my-dob-degree-circle-modification.html

i did read it was mentioned to get it printed on A0 which obv would require specilised printer to do so, iv been really thinking about this my self (if you remember when i got the EQ2 from you i mentioned that £30 dob which few days later i actually had a offer for the dob for £30 which i jumped at)

docs way seems to be logical and eaiser pasting it with glue sealent and plastic on top

There is a Mod in the Dobs forum which I did.

It is simple o do and takes about an hour.

Cut some carboard the width of the base and make it long enough to go round the circumfrence.

Once you have done this. measure the length and divide by 36, this will give you the spacing for 10 degree spaces. mark them onto the cardboard, then add a 5 degree mark inbetween each 10, and then divided each 5 with 4x1 degrees. This should give you 360 degrees.

Next cover the cardboard with clear cellotape and then stick some double sided tape onto the back of the cardboard,

Then stick it all onto he base. make a pointer and you are ready to go. Note: This is not my idea,,,,,,,,,but something i have copied from a post on here.

I use a Wixey and get coordinates from Stellerium. use a 35 mm EP and you will be very close to what you are looking for

post-19584-133877529692_thumb.jpg

Archived