SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Which binocular tripod

Hi, I'm sorry if this has already been covered but thanks to advice given on here I have bought myself some 15x70. I now of course need a tripod and know nothing about them. Could anyone and everyone please recommend a good quality suitable tripod as cheap as possible? Many thanks

Richard

I recently bought the Camlink TPPRO32B which is at the bottom of this link.

Binoculars UK Ltd. Camlink TP PRO Tripods

I use it for my 15x70's and am very impressed with it. I'm 6' 4" and it goes up higher than I can reach with my eyes and is as strudy as you like at full height. I also considered the Horizon 8115 which is on the FLO website, but plumped for the Camlink one purely for the extra height. Because it extends to 2m I can look at the zenith without having to stoop, which is very handy.

Both of those are about £85 though, so not the cheapest, but once you've got a good one you'll have it for years and my Camlink tripod will easily handle bigger bins or a spotting scope if I want to upgrade in the future.

Hope that helps. :(

Archived