Filters

Hi All,

I have now bought a 6" skywatcher on an EQ2 mount and am collecting it tomorow, But have just been on FLO's website looking at neutral density filters, How do I know which density to go for as there are 4 densities, 0.6, 0.9, 1.8, 3.0, it does say that use a low density filter with smal apertures so presumably Im looking at the 0.9 or 1.8 but with such a difference which is best ?

Or should I be thinking of a variable polarising filter ?

Or do I need something different just for the moon itself ?

Kev.

Some folks use a filter on the moon but personally I don't bother, even with my 10" scope. I think this is a case of try the scope a few times before rushing into the 1000's of different accessories that are available for it.

After you have some expereinece under your belt your further spending decisions will be much better informed :(

Thanks Guys,

It's so nice to hear someone say dont buy till later.

Kev.

No problems Kev :(

I'm always worried that folks will think I'm being a bit dull when I say that but there are just so many options, it's really hard to advise which will suit a particular person until they have dipped their toe in the water, so to speak :)

Hope you enjoy the scope when it arrives and feel free to ask lots more questions !.

Archived