Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Setting up an ST80 on a SW200PDS

ST80 arrived this morning and have got it attached to the scope with a piece of alu 'u' section between the two camera attachment bolts (I replaced these with M6 bolts). Just got set up hoping to have a session and found I could not get focus on a star! Tried through the 45deg prism and straight out of the back to no avail (star still massive doughnut), but with a bit of moving the cam (SPC900) away from the barrel found it obviously needed an extension tube. As luck would have it, the 2x Barlow (nasty cheap thing) that came with the ST80 was perfect - just unscrewed the lens and the cam snout fits in perfectly the other end. Got PHD guiding, nice and stable, and guess what happened next. Darned clouds have rolled in, grrr. Yes, you've got me to blame. Looks like it's not going to be good all week now :)

David

Archived